Spokane has changed me. I am a quilter now, or should I say piecer? I bought my first pattern, read it, got overwhelmed, and quit. It's invigorating!! I feel like I've been doing this for years!!
Seriously though, I did buy fabric and a pattern from Top Stitch (only in Spokane, sorry) and took it all home for a private lesson from a lady that works at the Quilting Bee.
Three hours and no further education later I sat down by Noah and watched Finding Nemo for the third time that day. That was the day I quit. Then the next morning I got up, ate a lemon bar and felt like I could try it again (maybe it was the sugar so early, but I had confidence again).
I went to Top Stitch and got help reading the pattern (still can't do without someone else breaking it down for me). I got all my fabric cut out and went home. Here is some of the pattern. It is REALLY EASY. I will post the pattern if anyone wants. Miss you all and love you!!



Beautiful fabric, I love it. There is something intoxicating about great fabric and wanting to create something beautiful. I feel the addiction. Keep it up and keep on trying. Pretty soon you'll be an old pro and you won't want to do anything else with your time. It's dangerous, I'm warning you:)
ReplyDeleteI love it too. If you do with quilting what you have done with baby beanies (toques), you will be a pro in no time. If it's not too much work to post the pattern, I'd love to see just what is involved. Miss you, kiddo.
ReplyDelete